Thursday, December 9, 2010

How to Kick a Cold in Belgium

Was it un rhume?  Or la grippe?  Both are equally fun to say, but sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference between a cold and the flu.  All I know is I've felt less than alive the past 5 days.  But now I'm sensing a comeback.  Just in time for the weekend and the Finnish Christmas market, where reindeer things (to eat and to have) and glogi will certainly abound!

So yeah... how do you kick a cold en Belgique?

A do-it-yourself humidifier of pie pans filled with water and thieves oil.



And LOTS of NioCitran.  NioCitran is like the Canadian version of Theraflu and thankfully it has made its way over here.  There are a dizzying number of cold medications available in the US, but both times I've had a cold/flu here this is the only thing the pharmacien gives me.  I really think it's all that's offered because it's all you need.