Wednesday, June 9, 2010

To market, to market!

Really, I am.  In fact, the Chatelain market makes me freak out a little bit.  I just can't get over it.  Can heaven be like this?  Can it just be one big browse-around, sampling and ogling baked goods, cheese, and produce?  I could do this for eternity.

So it's a rainy day--not bad enough to keep me from doing a preliminary stroll-by of an apartment, though.  On my way back, I stumbled upon our neighborhood market.  And I got right to it.  (Of course, the whole time I was thinking I *can't* move from this neighborhood, I can't move from this *MARKET!*  That's me and markets for you.



This is an apple cake.  It looks odd in the photograph, well, and odd in life.  But I bet you it's delicious! Stop it now... the apple cake wouldn't make fun of YOU!



This is a brownie, of course.  Again, I'm sure this will be perfection.  (And in case you haven't noticed, I put the iPhone away in favor of the big camera for these shots... finally!)





And this, my friends, is a gourmandise au foie gras.  It was 2 euro (!), and is just over an inch in diameter.  I am fairly certain it will prove to be money well spent, however, as it's got a big chunk o'foie gras in the middle.  I got one for B, too, and I'm saving mine so we can revel in their mind-blowingness together.  Stay tuned!







Cochino waits patiently (...or perhaps devises her plan to capture the foie gras puffs for herself).