Friday, June 4, 2010

Cochino's Big Adventure

Move to Europe without my cat? Not an option. She is family (and possibly one of the coolest, most easygoing cats on the planet--I swear! Ask anyone who's met her!). She goes where I go. Consequently, she's lived in St. Louis; San Francisco; Columbus, Ohio (and was a good sport about it even though our only window looked out on a bleak alleyway); Philly... and now Brussels (with a possibility for some Amsterdam in her future, as well).

So, it's been planned all along that I would bring the cat with me. I can't say that I prefer traveling with a cat, but it had to happen. Despite having taken up her food the night before, I was sure I was going to have to deal with some cat-ily functions--something for which I'm rather ill-equipt. That and she might just freak the freak out. So I was rather dreading the trip.

I have to say that, really, it went pretty smoothly. Despite being shaky and stressed, she did well. She was perfect on the long flight from DC to Brussels. (She expressed her, uh, "displeasure" on the commuter flight from Philly to DC, however. Not fun.) And after some jet lag--I swear, the cat had jet lag, she now is enjoying her new (temporary) home in Brussels. And I am thrilled to have her finally here with me.

Cochino wants to make it all go away at Dulles.




One tired cat.




Loving her new curtains, er, windows.




Pretty Chi.




Mustache Chi!