Monday, June 14, 2010

Some recent eats...

Sure, I've been eating well.  Don't worry about me!



Pasta with truffles.  Cooked perfectly and, oh-so-indulgent with the truffes!  It's not much to look at, but how I wish you could have tasted it!




All we do all weekend is happen upon outdoor markets.  Saturday we came upon a big flea market in front of the Hotel de Ville in St-Gilles.  With flea markets come delicious food stalls.  We sidled up to this one, which was featuring oysters, shrimp, snails and--what you see here--grilled mussels.  We went for the mussels and they were one of the best things I've eaten since I've been here.  They were grilled for about 10 minutes, with a smidge of butter and some minced herbs and garlic added at the end.  So simple and so delicious.


Just *look* at them!  Beautiful!!