Friday, June 25, 2010

Catching up...

With this post, I will actually be caught up.  Or rather, you will be caught up!  But what I'm saying is, this shizz just happened!  As in the photos at the park were taken about an hour ago.  As Kool and the Gang would say:  Fresh.


I want to be Elliott Erwitt when I grow up.  Spotted this guy outside of this old-man betting "office" on Chaussee de Waterloo.  Love the trampy air he has about him.  The soda can just adds to it.





Went to paint some ceramics last night with Lynsey and Fran.  It was freeing and frustrating at the same time.  I was frustrated because look at that lousy grade-school version of Cochino I did!  But it was freeing because how often to you get to sit around and paint??  We had a great time.  And they made us dinner, as well.  It was a homemade pasta with a light tomato sauce and ham, with a salad on top.  YUM.




The ladies with their arts.





This is Park Tenbosch, my afternoon treat.  So, it's not the best capture of the park, but I feel funny going around taking photos there because everyone's up to something.  I can tell you that it's masterfully laid out so as to provide many private spaces and a general feeling of seclusion.  Again, you don't get that from this photo, but I swear it's true.  I've never experienced anything like it in a park of so little square footage before.

Oh, and there's a petanque court where the olds get some lively matches going.  I met an old man called Henri and two Jack Russells called Tommy (Hilfiger) and Paco (Rabanne) there the other day.  *Sigh*




Ten....... BOSCH!



And, if you haven't seen the photos of our new apartment yet, well dagnammit because they took the photos off the website because it's off the market!  We had the hardest time deciding between this place and another one in a more expat-y area (read:  fancyville).  We went for the one in St-Gilles, which has a more local (and sometimes very Portuguese) feeling.  The space is great, and the apartment's full of character and interesting details... and the best part is it has a grand bricked in "yard" in the back.  And it's all ours!  I can even take Cochino out there on the harness without anyone looking at me funny.  :)

Anyway, we are going this weekend to see it again, so I will take some snaps and post 'em.