Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Indoor leash kitty

This is somewhat embarrassing for Cochino... well, and maybe for me...  But more her.  Because she's the one at the window on a harness/leash combo.  Yup, I'm leashing my cat up inside now.  Though I fear that the Euro-cool courtyard kitties probably laugh at the new American kitty whose mom keeps her leashed so that she won't jump out the window, I don't really care.  The temptation of the screen-less window is no joke.  (I mean, look at those roses!  I may jump!)  Celia's cat just broke its leg jumping out of the window in Brussels.  Cochino will not suffer the same fate!

So now we have a routine.  Whenever the giant kitchen window is open, my friend begrudgingly lets me tether her to the kitchen chair.  I suppose she figures some fresh air on a leash is better than a closed window.




Look at her sniffing in that delicious Brussels air!




She can almost smell the roses...