Thursday, June 3, 2010

Philly Finale

(Notice how I didn't make it "Phinale"?? It's so hard, but I resisted the cheese this time.)

Some shots from the last few days in Philly. I am really going to miss it there. (Of course, today I arrived in Brussels and the weather is lovely and I was walking to the grocery and there was a giant hound tied up outside a little store and people at all of the sidewalk cafes... and I just breathed deeply and smiled and felt this exuberance that this was going to be my new city!)

But still, I will miss Philly. It's a singular place.


Incomplete thoughts.



Pretty city 1.




Pretty city 2.




Delicious burritos at El Jarocho, where they have some of the best carnitas I've ever had.




Cochino says goodbye to her foster mom, Nicki. Cochino shows all of the gratitude she and I have for the past year's friendship with our darling Nicki. Since I can't very well rub my head on Nicki's knee to express this, I'll let Cochino speak for both of us. We'll miss you, Nicki!




Randomness on 13th. A spontaneous healing and subsequent disposal? I appreciate how it's placed on top of the recycling bin. But really, those things get pretty gnarly and are probably better trashed. Sorry, environment; it's true.