Friday, May 7, 2010

Wednesday Night Market at Chatelain

If you know me, you know there are fewer things that make me happier than markets. Indoors, outdoors, of the grocery variety... set me down in a market and I will wander for hours.

There is a market every Wednesday night in Chatelain, an area near where we're staying for now. (Though this is an area we might end up living in permanently.) It's a very nice area, with lots of restaurants and young people and expats. Anyway, their market is pretty dope. We wandered around and then had a glass of champagne. You can sip wine/champs while walking around the market (I mean, is this my kinda market or what?) or even buy a bottle cheap-like and hang out and drink it with your friends.


Behold the strawberries!


All hail Le Roi Du Poulet!


It's the snake plant... braided!!!


Olives, anyone?

Pates, etc. Note the blood sausage in the middle left. The rabbit terrine with hazelnuts was especially tempting.


There was more cheese than you can shake a stick at.



Fried treats. We had to give those some love, too.