Sunday, March 20, 2011

Street Scenes

Snaps from around town.


ABOVE
PALTROW

I have also seen the following:

Above
Murphy (for Eddie Murphy)

Above
Wahlberg (for Marky Mark)

I will keep you posted on who pops up next.





Here's a shot of the street cleaning system at work.  There are two sets of pipes below Paris, one carrying potable water and the other carrying water to clean the streets.  It all dates back to the Hausmann times.  Usually there is someone with a broom sweeping the rushing water away.  The act of sweeping water seems to be a very Parisian thing.  It's a weird concept for me, but it seems to work.









These guys must be friends.




Pretty-ness on my way to the Sentier.  I love that there is a fabric/garment district here and that it's walkable from my office.






Delicious!






This bugs me on so many levels.... but most glaring is that apostrophe.  Your pants are possessive???






Incroyable Hulk.
Cool.





If you ever wanted to know how to tell someone not to shake a baby in French.... you're welcome.  Apparently dumb white trash Americans aren't the only ones with this problem.






Yeah, you tell 'em Brussels!