Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brussels Weekend, Day 1

Barbar is my new favorite beer.  Amber goodness...



This is the lady who ran and elbowed me out of a seat on the metro.  And her wig is totally goofy.  She was wearing gold adidas, too.  I sorta felt sorry for her after I took this picture, but, well, here it is anyway.





Fangs.




At MONK, by Saint Catherine.





A heart with legs.  Poetic.




So happy to have Felipe here!!  We did it up in style yesterday.  Let's just say he got a great intro to Belgian beers.




Gilded or not, a slave clock is a slave clock.  Time is oppressive, I suppose.




This place has cool chairs and good quiche.
































Finally found the jeanneke pis!  The trifecta of voiding statues has been attained!  I have now seen the boy, the girl, and the dog!




Why, why, WHY is there a statue of this?!?  What is the city's obsession with creatures urinating???





Biro throws a coin in for luck.





My favorite picture of the weekend.  I would love to hang out at the mannekin pis and take pics of people taking pics in front of it.




Went to this great bar with a super-long, unpronounceable Flemish name that had all of these creepy marionettes hanging.




Had a pint with these guys.




This lady was the creepiest of all.  Her eyes glowed red.... RED, I tell you!






Pretzel mustaches with Felipe.





Artist's rendering of the mannekin pis in middle age.