Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Recents

A-falafel-ing we go... OK, this is a shawarma and I instantly regretted not getting the falafel once I bit into it.  Which isn't to say it wasn't good (it was), but that just tells you how good the falafel at L'As du Falafel is.



Biro can't even get over it.





Permanent ping pong tables in the Marais.  Yep, those guys are playing some ping pong.  Wonder how it's called in French...?




Jamie and Frida on the metro.  So cute, those two.




Melikey.



An "oops" shot turns out arty.




Berko  has...



the best (look at those vials of fruit syrup!)...




cupcakes.  And it is dangerously close to work.  Uh-oh.




Holdin' it down.




So regal, not at all like most of the dogs strolling around in Paris.  My favorite is "The Roper", a total scruffer who's the honorary mayor of the Marais.  That dog is everywhere in my neighborhood, and his dad keeps him at the end of a raggedy old rope.  He is some sort of unkempt terrier mix and I just love him.  I will have to take his picture one of these days.




Not a cup receptacle, I'm pretty sure....




So it is the month of the sales in Paris and that shizz is bananas!  The sales are regulated by the government (same as in Belgium), so everything is on sale during the same period.  You don't even have to know the day they start, you can just feel the energy in the air.  The promise of discounted merchandise is almost too much to handle.  You can hardly find a person walking around WITHOUT a bag of purchases.

And on the weekends, forget it.  I threw an elbow in Colette.  Survivalist tactics kick in.  I mean, look at this scene in Sandro.  No, thanks.  Luckily, my work is right in the middle of one of the best shopping areas in the city, so I've been kicking it at lunch.  I must tell you, my plan to befriend the girl at the Tsumori Chisato store seems to be moving along.  Come to find out, she likes Tatty Divine as much as I do.  This shouldn't be hard at all...




Urban barn.