Friday, July 9, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Has it come to this?  Posting only once a week?  I guess that means I've been busy, which is a good thing.  Anyway, here are some snaps from the past week or so.


Every time I see this sign I think to myself, well at least the old Crab provides parking.  I think there is a big logo development opportunity here.  Anyone have a submission?  I will totally knock on their door with it!  I'm not afraid of that Crab... OR his sons!




Went to the Marche aux Puces flea market at Jeu de Balle the other week.  It's confusing because the flea market is technically called the "Marche aux Puces," but it takes place at the square called "Jeu de Balle."  Or something like that.  Either way, it's the biggest flea market in Brussels (and one of the best in all of Europe), and it's open daily.  I'll tell you, there was quite a spread.  And the prices were pretty reasonable, too.  I think we'll be able to find some unusual pieces for our new place there.

Oh, anyway!  This cartoon was right off of the flea market square, whatever you'll call it.





And so was this!  Palais du Pantalon = Palace of Pants!  I mean, right?




Oh, Plopsa.  How I have wondered about you.  And why the children love you so much.  Is it your silly hat?  Or your ruffled apron?  Or that you look like Doc from the Seven Dwarfs?  Or is it because your name is onomatopoeia for something their parents tell them to do in the toilet?  Hmmm...





This is how you move into a 5-storey walk-up.  Up a "ladder" and through the window.  I would definitely spring for the extra insurance here.  Makes me glad we're on the ground floor.







I just like these.  Good job, iPhone camera.





Racist???
:)




And finally, happy birthday to Byro!  We went to his favorite Brazilian place, and they happened to be having a bbq in their back garden.  We were so happy to eat (delicious, imported Argentinian and Brazilian) grilled meats on the 4th.  No fireworks, but I think he had a good birthday.