Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Recent Thoughts

(sans photos)

(1) Speaking of photos, shooting medium format is going to be very expensive.  But worth it.  (Until I get the new 35mm cams, that is.)

(2) Yeah, that surgery.  It's happening.  Ugh.

(3) Uncle Bernie was a good man.  Someone I looked forward to seeing at the family events.  Let's not forget he was the one insistent upon hearing what was trending for Spring at last Thanksgiving dinner.  He had such a wit about him, even once his hearing had gone.  And I will never forget his animated 3rd strike call; I used to beg him to get up and do it.  Really, he was an umpire artiste.  Well, and a good basketball player.  And a stand-up guy.  Wednesday we get together to bury him.  I am thankful to be here for it.

(4) Hilde is starting to like me more.  She's still a skittish chatface, but she doesn't mind lying on my bed every now and again.

(5) Cochino is still the best.  Always and forever.

(6) Winter's Bone.  Do see it.

(7) Got some rad "nail art" appliques today!

(8) Missing Paris right now.  'Tis the season.

(9) Chez Leon avec Sr. Catherine demain.  Should be fun!

xo
j