Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Les Chats Perdus

One of my obsessions around Brussels (and anywhere else in Europe, for that matter) is lost cat signs.  There is such an artistic quality to them there.  Sometimes it's the verbiage, sometimes it's the layout, and sometimes it's just a darn cute photo.

Of course, the whole idea is generally depressing and I feel strange when I stop to photograph one and someone sees me (almost as awkward as someone seeing me take a picture of someone's window... I want to shout, "I'm not a peeping tom, there's a kitty sitting here!"... but  how do I say this in French?).

But then, maybe they think I'm some sort of renegade cat-finder and I'm photographing and cataloguing these signs in order to brief properly my team of feline sleuths (um, people that look for felines, not felines who are detectives... though that would be the ultimate!  Imagine--cats finding cats!) so that we can bring these kitties back to their owners tout de suite!

Anyway, here are some lost cat signs.  And one found cat sign!









More to follow....  As you can see, being cooped up in the house in St. Louis has made me a little crazy. Oh, who am I kidding?  I'm always cat-crazy!