Sunday, January 12, 2014

HOME. FINALLY HOME.

Oh boy, it's been about 4 weeks living out of a suitcase.  I managed to come back to Stockholm for 2 days and swap out the big suitcase for a smaller one, but then it was back to a hotel room for another week.  I was in the United States for about 3 weeks to visit family and friends--in St. Louis for 11 days and in Arizona and California for another 8 days.  And then I spent the last week in Shanghai.  I'm going to try to get all caught up here today because there were some fantastic times.  B is in Tokyo now, so I plan to do things like re-organize closets and snuggle with Chi-kitty (on my lap now, good start) this week.  Oh and also the big fabric guy is in the office this week and there's a full-day workshop on Thursday and ugh ugh ugh... back to real WORK.  Gonna have to clear a path on my desk tomorrow morning.

But before I get started, I want to give a shout out to my immune system, which has not been having any of the viral trash that's been going around.  Cold viruses be frontin' to the left and right and my immune system be all like:  STEP, PLAYAS.

Seriously.  Byron turned up in Arizona with a killer cold and pink eye (pink eye!!), Marjan also had a douzy of a viral cough kicking, and I just got back from hack-a-minute Shanghai and feel (knock on wood) fine.  Surviving this shit on screwy sleep hours and germy planes has really been a wonder.  So props to you, my usually feeble immune system.  Can we go until at least Summer, please?