Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Columbus Monthly Photo Shoot

Last month I did a photo shoot for the September issue of Columbus Monthly magazine. I was really flattered to be included. Three women and 3 men were featured as local snazzy dressers. (Thanks to Josh at Tigertree for nominating me!)

I had to put together a casual and a dressy outfit for fall. I have to admit, I was disappointed with how the spread (can you still call it a "spread" if it's only 1 page?) turned out. For starters, they only showed my dressy outfit. While I like the dress, I think that the casual outfit was cuter and captured my personal style better. And the photo chosen to appear in the magazine just wasn't flattering... I mean, there was a fan involved... the chiffon and the hair were blowing. Too bad it couldn't blow my apparent double-chin out of the way, as well. heheh.

But overall, I was flattered to be included and was grateful to get to do a professional photo shoot. I've included my favorite two photos here.


This is the most beautiful dress that I found in Hong Kong (there's a funny story that goes along with it, as well). It's by Tsumori Chisato, who's a wonderful Japanese designer known for her playful, kooky designs and amazing prints.
The shoes I'm wearing are by Kenneth Cole, and they are my "save-the-world" shoes. I say this because I get compliments on them from all sorts of people--literally from fashiony types to bums on the street. These shoes really seem to bridge the gaps in the world. Maybe I am naive, but I think that the level of understanding between people of different races and backgrounds that these shoes afford could really make the world a better place. Drop them off at a UN meeting; see what happens. :)

The fishnets are gold and sparkly (from Hue).

The purse is my most favorite in the world. It's by Patch NYC. My friend Jimmy once named it Kamir (C'mere); he also once stuck it down his pants.

The necklace, can't really be seen, is my great-grandfather's vintage pocketwatch.


This is my casual outfit. Not as much to say about the individual pieces here, but I just love the whole look. I was going for a playful take on a tuxedo--the skirt has an attached cummerbund and I pinned a flower on my left wrist for a corsage effect.

Blouse vintage, skirt Surface to Air, flower pin gift from a friend in Korea, tights Hue, shoes Dolce Vita, bow ring Tatty Devine.