Friday, August 22, 2008

Polyester garden party

This dress predates my current rule to no longer bring home any vintage/thrifted polyester clothes. (I am trying to focus my love on natural fibers from the vintage world.) I probably would make an exception for a dress this lovely, but really unless the print or silhouette is just amazing I'm leaving the poly dresses for other people. I've been through enough of them and they just don't have as much appeal to me as they once did. They just feel cheap anymore...


The print on this dress is amazing--flowers (with the botanical names) and bugs and lacing in the back.


Dress vintage, bracelets vintage, shoes Opening Ceremony.



I could alternate these with the beige Theory shoes, and I'm set for the summer!


I'm obsessed with this print...


Note the blue bug!