Sunday, April 13, 2014

Foodstuffs



These little guys are called nors in Swedish.  My friendly fishmonger told me they're related to salmon, but I think they're actually a type of smelt.  (Is smelt related to salmon?  Hmm.)  We battered them in a spicy potato flour mix, then fried 'em up whole.  You eat the whole thing--heads and all.  They were a crispy fishy delight!



Not to be outdone by my fish guy, my cheese guy also hooks me up with what's fresh and local.  Check out this beautiful buffalo mozzarella from right here in Sweden!  There's a farm full of happy buffalo outside of Uppsala and this is their expensive, er... delicious cheese.  I ain't mad at the buffalo, everything's expensive here in Sweden.  But it was totally worth it.



This here's some carrot cake baked oatmeal.  What a breakfast treat!



And this is a chocolate-almond vegan pie.




I took this shot to quickly answer Byron's text of what's for dinner.  It was sauteed kale, a millet-mushroom-spinach salad, and some tofu.  Yums!