Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stockholm

It's 3:06 pm and the sun is setting.  But I really don't mind.  I've still got beef with Stockholm, sure (the disproportionate ratio of full-body checks to utterances of ursäkta and the overpriced food and drink for starters) but I've really mellowed.  You know why?  Because we've met some really swell people in the past week.  People we jive with, people doing cool stuff, people including us in things, people who you want to stick around and have another drink with, people who make you feel creative because they are creative.  I think we're on the cusp of something here.  It feels like some of these people are gonna end up our super-awesome homedogs.  And everybody needs some homedogs, amiright?  I don't know why the universe waited until last week to throw ALL of the best people in Stockholm our way, but I'll take it.  I'm gonna try to ride out this warm and fuzzy new-friendship feeling as long as I can, though I guess it'll just get warmer and fuzzier if some of these new groupings become old ones.  Anyway... thanks, universe.