Sunday, April 14, 2013

And Finally... The Cats

Cats run Istanbul.  I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.  They go where they please, into stores and cafes.  They are well-fed and generally healthy and polite (if it is within the scope of politeness to enter someone else's property and make yourself at home there, of course).  The shopkeepers leave out food and water for them, and it's common to see a kitty bed in the stores.  (Someone told me that the locals would rather have cats than rats.  Totally.)  I can't tell you how delighted I was to be around all of these kitties, though I'm sure you can imagine.

Here are the photos.
























I think I counted 12 or so cats in this one frame of vision.  Clearly, this was their HQ.





















I love how this guy looks like he's trying to put it on plastic!