Sunday, April 22, 2012

Musée Carnavalet

The Musée Carnavalet is a wonderful free museum in the heart of the Marais.  This is one I really should avail myself of during lunch breaks, as it's super close to my office.  And it's FREE.  I know I already said that, but emphasis is necessary.  (At the very least, it's a clean bathroom should you find yourself in need while shopping in the Marais.  You're welcome.)

The museum is dedicated to the history of Paris and dates back to the Haussmann days, having opened in 1880.  We barely scratched the surface when we wandered in last weekend.  I was especially enthralled with the collection of old signage the museum houses, and especially especially enthralled with the old time-y cat signs and carvings.



This guy was from the 18th century.


I can't remember how old this one was, but I'm guessing equally as old if not older.






View into one of the courtyards.











P and B having a sit.



Some of the lovely gardens.