Sunday, December 11, 2011

Back to China

At least it's Shanghai, sure.

But still.

Tomorrow I leave for a last-minute trip to China.  I am looking forward to my 11-hour economy flight with no lounge access or priority seating and flying with what remains of this dastardly cold.  I am also looking forward to limited internet access, working with a certain difficult member of the team in our Shanghai office, lonely evenings in the hotel room (I will go to the gym, I will go to the gym...), and not being able to practice my French.

In fact, I am looking forward to none of that.  China, I am not in the mood for you right now.  Especially because I won't be back until Christmas eve, which means spending the holiday nice and jetlagged.  At least Biro will be here, if there is no issue with his turboprop flight from Lithuania.  (Seriously, how much money did he save taking a layover in Lithuania?  I hope it's gone directly into my present fund.)  There is talk of pizza on xmas day.  I am into it.

The only good thing is that I will be in the office every day during this trip.  Which means I will have plenty of opportunities to see my favorite pink-eared poodle in the newsstand in front of our building.  If there is one good thing about China, it is her.