Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kelleys Island

Went to Kelleys Island this weekend. It's an island on Lake Erie. Very quaint. In fact, it was too quaint for our liking (well, once our friends left)... came back a day early. But I'm glad we visited.

These are the "glacial grooves" on the island. They were cut into the limestone by a glacier over 10,000 years ago.
Me in a mumu I thrifted in Hawaii.
My favorite vintage play/swimsuit. It's made of a woven cotton fabric and is boned and smocked in all the right places. It even has the "modesty patch" in the front. The print is nautical--with crests and rope. I only wear it to lounge--I don't actually swim in it since the cotton woven is sort of impractical to actually get wet.
The entire back is smocked so that the non-stretch fabric becomes form-fitting.