Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Haps in Stockholm

So many things!  Here are some photos to keep you in the loop.


Moving always brings a mini-heartbreak or two.  Bye-bye, owl cup.




I have started taking sneaky photos of the flours at the health food store so I can go home and decipher what they actually are.  Eating gluten-free is easy at restaurants, but tricky at the store as the language is entirely new to me.  So far I know that "vete" = "wheat."  It's a start.



A sleepy gate at Arlanda airport.  The airport reminds me lots of Port Columbus Airport.  (See how I left out the "International" from its name?  I know, that was rude.)  Except that it's in Scandinavia.  Hmm.




We read this as "Skank-ar Kate."  And we laughed and laughed.  
No nudie photos inside, I can report.




This bingo board is our apartment building's laundry reservation system.  It had me beat a few weeks ago, until I realized I was trying to move someone else's number.  Whoops.




Marj came to visit!  Did I mention that?  We have been so lucky to have friends already visit us.  

The weather was sort of crappy, so we did a boat tour of the archipelago.  




And then Leila came to visit, for a last-minute weekend.  Here she is with B, wondering wherever are our "pig chips."



Here they are!  Oh boy, this treat was off the Delicious-Meter!  We felt better about ourselves eating what the restaurant dubbed "pig chips" instead of "pork rinds."  Crispy skin is pretty delicious no matter what you call it.  



Leila snapped this one of our little gypsy family.  Oh boy, is Cochino a pro at this.  



Winding down a weekend of shopping and fun with Leila.