Saturday, December 18, 2010

Les Lapins LSD

This dress.

It's the only thing I've ever bought from one of those designer collections at Target.

(Actually, it may be the only piece of apparel I've purchased at Target.  Wait.... socks.  Do socks count?)

Like most people, I'm eager to see what Big-Fancy-Designer-Somebody will do for H&M or Target or whatnot... High fashion for a fraction of the price!?  But then when I actually see/touch the garments, they turn out to be of the same crap quality that Target or H&M or whatever traditionally carries.  And it's a deal-breaker.  I don't even bother to go see these "designer" collections in person anymore.  It looks pretty, sure, but the fabric might cut my hand.



But this dress, it has trippy bunnies.

What kind of monster could resist a dress full of trippy bunnies??

And the fabric wasn't bad enough to put me off.  So I bought it.  And that's how I ended up with an Erin Fetherston for Target dress.

I must digress, however.  I am disappointed that Ms. Fetherston has taken her show to Juicy Couture.  I mean, her collection there looks good--the jewelry is especially nice--but it's Juuuuiiiicy.  I don't care how much I like a silhouette of theirs, I will never put a penny toward it because that would be supporting a brand that emblazons words on the asses of sexy sweatpants.  Hell, it's a brand that makes "sexy sweatpants", which is bad enough.  I am generally (even morally, perhaps) opposed to overt branding, so Juicy Couture is like nails on the chalkboard to me.  HATE.  I guess I would have hoped that a designer like Erin Fetherston would have had the compunction not to involve herself with such a yucky brand.  But then, maybe she's there to turn things around...?  Hrmpf.






Anyway, here it is... all put together.
Dress EF for T, sweater Diane von Furstenberg, shirt Topshop, tights samples from Free People, boots OC, necklace by me.




















Rolling with the bunny ball again.





So this sweater... is pure magic.
Beautiful lurex knit with silk "ribbons" woven through.  This was an early xmas present from my momma.  So good.





Upside-down tights shot.  
Cozy!