Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More weekend



I really wanted to have my picture taken by this, but I wimped out because there were people all around. But I love this tag.





Look at how cool Byron is sitting outside the Teddy L. patisserie on Chaussee de Waterloo.  Teddy has a few locations around town, so I was put off by its relatively chain-iness.  But really, the menu offered many choices, the sandwiches were good, and there was a nice patio out front.  Despite the blowhard Brit nearby going on about yoga the whole time, the meal was quite enjoyable.





Spotted in St-Gilles.



Spotted in St-Gilles 2.





This little feller was also in St-Gilles.

As is our new apartment building!  It's going to be grand!  (Found this site, which gives you the scoop on St-Gilles in a nutshell.)





This is the Prison of St-Gilles.  So magnificent!  It's interesting because it is still a working prison and it's smack in the middle of a really nice part of St-Gilles.  I mean, there are some really fancy houses right across the street, where I took this picture.  In fact, it's quite residential (and high-end) all around the prison.  It is not too far from our apartment, and there's a picturesque point where you're walking down our street and if you look to the right, you'll see the Prison of St-Gilles down the road and if you look to the left, you'll see the beautiful commune building of St-Gilles.  And the whole thing just feels so old world European.  *sigh*





Check out this hot dog in a bag!  It's even called "Frank!"




I've been taking photos of house numbers, especially the hand-painted ones.  But this sign was too good to pass up.  Pret a porter de luxe.  Yes, I will.